cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Domain not forwarding ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I own two domain names with GoDaddy. I have one set to forward to the other, no masking. It is no longer working despite not making any changes to the DNS settings. I checked them today and everything seems to be set correctly. The destination URL is working fine. However, going to the forwarding URL results in:

This site can’t be reached

[redacted].com took too long to respond.

• Search Google for [redacted]
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

2 REPLIES 2
New

Re: Domain not forwarding ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

My GoDaddy domain is not forwarding. I Googled the problem and read all the help screens. In fact, I set it up months ago with no problems. It worked fine for a while. I noticed today that it wasn't forwarding anymore. Pointing a browser to my domain just times out.

I double-checked all the settings (the forward URL, the DNS, etc). I even deleted the forward, then re-created it. I saved the settings, and it worked almost immediately. But a few hours later, it's not working anymore. This scenario repeated twice (I reset the settings, it works, then an hour later, broken again).

I also note that I even if I select "Permanent" forwarding, it gets reset every time to "Temporary". Why? And does this matter? Also, there's a checkbox for "Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change." I tried checking it, and unchecking it. Doesn't seem to matter. I'm using the default DNS, so will does this checkbox do anything? Any ideas why the changes aren't sticking? They work for a while, then stop.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain not forwarding ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Hi @kaspmary  - More often than not the err_connection_timed_out error is related to a caching or network issue. It's not likely that this is affecting everyone that visits your domain. If you can share the domain, then others in the community can take a look as well. 

Hi @u13077 - Your settings shouldn't be changing spontaneously. If that is still happening for you, I'd recommend getting in touch with support so they can make sure there are no issues on this end. Otherwise, you may want to share the domain so others in the community can take a look. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.