Domain not working without www

my domain watanarts.com not working without adding www

any support please

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain not working without www

Hello, 

When a domain is registered at GoDaddy, in their DNS the "www" is by default created as a CNAME, with the value "@" which is shorthand for the domain itself.

The "www" CNAME will always by default forward to the domain name, that way people visiting your domain can get to your site either by typing out "watanarts.com" or by typing out "www.watanarts.com".

Some 3rd party companies require the CNAME to also be pointed to something specific on their servers. For example Blogger, Squarespace, and GSUITE sites are  of this type.

If the CNAME is not pointing to the data required by these third party sites, our default DNS will still forward the "www" to the domain, but upon reaching it the "www" won't know where exactly it's supposed to look, which will result in error pages.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Best Wishes

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

my domain point to dedicated server i manage myself 

what is required steps to solve this

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @watanarts. This would have to be something specific to how you're hosting the site. You'll need to configure the server to allow access to the site when only watanarts.com is used to access it. It's very difficult to say what you need to change since it's not clear how you have things set up on the server. However, your DNS seems to be set up the way you want it to be, so it's not likely an issue with the domain. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.