cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain renewals - questions and feedback

Hi,

my domain will auto renew in 10 days. What is the price that will be charged? Why is that not stated?

If I manually renew can I use coupon code for a discount?

Are there such codes?

I want to renew up front for next 3 years. How to do that? Is then the cost per year  lower?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @mike_45345,

your auto renew price will be for the same time period as when you first paid for that service. If you took it out for 3 years for example, then it will auto renew for that same time period. 

Coupons are generally for new products or services though you could contact support for verification on this. 

😊

View solution in original post

There is a procedure if you want to actually see your renewal pricing. It's a little involved but it worked for me. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the Down arrow next to your name in upper right corner
  2. Click on My Products from drop down menu
  3. Click on Manage All
  4. Click on Advanced (I think it's at the bottom of this screen)
  5. Click on Beta
  6. Click on Edit Columns
  7. Click on Renewal Price
  8. Click on OK
  9. A screen will open showing your domain name(s) and the renewal price.

40 REPLIES 40
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @mike_45345,

your auto renew price will be for the same time period as when you first paid for that service. If you took it out for 3 years for example, then it will auto renew for that same time period. 

Coupons are generally for new products or services though you could contact support for verification on this. 

😊

Okay, so why not tell us that up front?  I don't want to dig through records from three years ago just to find out how much you're asking me to pay next week and I shouldn't have to.  I am absolutely floored that there's no information on pricing -anywhere- in active domain info even when that domain is up for imminent renewal.

I agree - This seems very shady ... they PURPOSELY don't tell you what renewal costs are going to be. you must have something to hide ... namely you intend to jack up the prices and we only find out when it's too late. Nice......

There is a procedure if you want to actually see your renewal pricing. It's a little involved but it worked for me. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the Down arrow next to your name in upper right corner
  2. Click on My Products from drop down menu
  3. Click on Manage All
  4. Click on Advanced (I think it's at the bottom of this screen)
  5. Click on Beta
  6. Click on Edit Columns
  7. Click on Renewal Price
  8. Click on OK
  9. A screen will open showing your domain name(s) and the renewal price.

Thank you so much. I will try that.

I am so disappointed that they are hiding vital information. Seems so deceptive and it wasn't like this before. Why do they think people wouldn't want to know what they are spending? Anyway....just ranting. They have inspired me to let most of my URLs expire. Too much trouble.

Anyway - thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

You're so welcome Mary Lee.

I searched and searched until I found a video with these instructions. It shouldn't be this darned hard to find an answer to a question everybody wants to know. It worked great for me...hope it works for you too.

Mary Lynn

Honestly, the website SHOULD list what the auto-renew length is.  You cannot find this information anywhere in the management options when selecting a domain, it is either on or off.  Nowhere does it say the length and cost of the auto-renew, at least not that I can find at the moment. 

This information is being withheld to maximize customer commitment? 

I want to renew a .com domain and godaddy asks me about 50$. Is it reasonable?

I hope they do not charge money for tranferring domains to another registrar.

no

How to get discount in godaddy renewal?

Hi there @anonvenom

Thanks for posting in the Community! If you're interested in talking with someone about renewing your domain and are looking for help with pricing, the best bet for you is to call our Customer Support team and talk with them. You can reach them 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 

(480) 505-8877. All the best to you!
Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have a domain called -
Mobilemassiveprofits.us
But I can't locate it and I'm sure it needs renewal, how do I find it and renew it?

Thank you,
Ray

Do you guys want to rip me off when I renew my business website builder? How is you guys' basic moral?

Hello, I just realized my domain edenkhtravel.com expired since May 2, 2017. I am going to renew it, but when go to renewals and billing my domain was not listed. Pleas help me how can i renew this domain. Thanks

Thomas

Hello @Thomas1999!

Thank you for posting. Expired domains are renewed differently than others. You can use this guide to recover your expired domain

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

hello,

My domain (and hosting plan) expire at 12th June 2017 , can I renewed domain (and hosting) at 16th June 2017 .... without fear of suspension ?

Thanks

New

I, too, am dumbfounded that I cannot find the price of my renewal online, when I can see everything else about my domain!  Why don't you present this information up front???

Hello. I'm from Russia, so I use an interpreter, because I do not understand and speak English very well. I am writing about the cancellation of the renewal of the domain by subscription, I do not use it anymore, but you have already withdrawn money from the account. Please return my money to my card!

You have unquestionably withdrawn money from my card for an unused domain, which I bought a year ago, it did not come in handy (but it does not matter). The important thing is that at that time I could not think that you without my knowledge will withdraw money from my card for the next year! I ask you to return my money!

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @freedomarth,

1. You can't register a domain, then say that you never used it. While registered by you you are using it. You are using up one of a non infinite IP addresses that someone else could be using instead. 
  2. When you use auto renew you are agreeing that money can indeed be withdrawn at specific dates for renewal of registration of your domain. So therefore because of your initial consent, you did have knowledge. This is like trying to argue about mortgage payments automatically going out of your bank account after agreeing to pay monthly payments. 
  3. You should have cancelled the auto renew service and you wouldn't have been charged. Then your domain would have expired. 
  4. You should speak with support about your 'unused' domain...... live chat Arizona local time 5am-6pm Mon to Fri. 
  5. Best of luck. 

Hello. With support, I can not contact, because you can only contact by phone, I wrote above that I do not know the English language, I use Google translator. By the word "unused" I meant that it was never useful, I understand that it's silly of me to talk about this, but I do not ask for money for the period of its use from the very beginning, I just want to note that I did not need it, And then they wrote off money for the second year too! The auto-renewal service of the domain was clearly hidden, I did not see anything like it. If I saw, I would turn it off immediately!

In the end, how can I contact support, except by phone?