cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain transfer into GoDaddy and Privacy Registration

A question, I just initiated a domain transfer from another domain hosting company and transferring into GoDaddy. I only unlocked my domain with the original domain host, I didn't adjust any Privacy Registration settings and was able to initiate the transfer successfully. GoDaddy didn't give me an option to purchase Privacy Registration, my question is if Privacy Registration would also transfer from the original domain host to GoDaddy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @DanB1 and welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy Domain names all include Basic Privacy Protection that redacts your information in GoDaddy's WHOIS directory and prevents domain related spam. The basic plan is already included and you would not need to take additional steps. There are other domain privacy plans such as Full & Ultimate that provides better domain protection with prevention.

If you need to protect your domain name with Full Domain Privacy & Protection or Ultimate Domain Privacy & Protection, please reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review to provide you with the plan that best fits your needs.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @DanB1 and welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy Domain names all include Basic Privacy Protection that redacts your information in GoDaddy's WHOIS directory and prevents domain related spam. The basic plan is already included and you would not need to take additional steps. There are other domain privacy plans such as Full & Ultimate that provides better domain protection with prevention.

If you need to protect your domain name with Full Domain Privacy & Protection or Ultimate Domain Privacy & Protection, please reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review to provide you with the plan that best fits your needs.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post