Skip to main content
Help Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain used as an email forwarder -- do I need to migrate?

I use my domain strictly as an email forwarder, I have no website. I am getting notices about migrating to cPanel. If I don't have website content is that necessary?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. As it turned out I did have hosting that came with my original domain registration. I had forgotten about it because I use the domain only for email. The old hosting plan was obsolete, which was why I got the email about it. I deleted a couple of old files I had stored there, and that's all I should have to do.

I consider the issue closed, thanks for the feedback.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuvTheWebs
Advocate I

Do you have a hosting plan?  You might be on a legacy plan if they are telling you that you have to switch to cPanel.  It's not really related to email, but the fact is that if they are winding down your hosting you will have to get something new if you want to keep a hosting plan in your account.

Thanks for the reply. As it turned out I did have hosting that came with my original domain registration. I had forgotten about it because I use the domain only for email. The old hosting plan was obsolete, which was why I got the email about it. I deleted a couple of old files I had stored there, and that's all I should have to do.

I consider the issue closed, thanks for the feedback.

View solution in original post