cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
PurplePaws
Novice

Domain, website and email help!

Please, can someone help?  I have just spent the past day trying to find out how to cancel my account.  I just phoned and had a very unhelpful person on the phone who said I can't cancel my domain which auto renewed yesterday. 

I set up a website, email and domain for my business which has not got off the ground.  The renewal fees were so expensive I had to decide to give it up until I can get my business up and running, and I don't know when this will be.  Now I'm being told I can't cancel my domain and have to keep it.  I can't get help from anyone on what I can do with this domain now that I own it for another 12 months.  I need advice and no one will help.  I don't understand domains very well, so I have absolutely no idea what I can do with it, without purchasing the web builder and email for nearly $400!  There appears to be no way to contact them apart from the phone, and I got no help on there either.  Chat keeps telling me I'm 24th in the queue.

Can anyone help me?

2 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
Solution

Re: Domain, website and email help!

PurplePaws wrote:

Please, can someone help?  I have just spent the past day trying to find out how to cancel my account.  I just phoned and had a very unhelpful person on the phone who said I can't cancel my domain which auto renewed yesterday. 

I set up a website, email and domain for my business which has not got off the ground.  The renewal fees were so expensive I had to decide to give it up until I can get my business up and running, and I don't know when this will be.  Now I'm being told I can't cancel my domain and have to keep it.  I can't get help from anyone on what I can do with this domain now that I own it for another 12 months.  I need advice and no one will help.  I don't understand domains very well, so I have absolutely no idea what I can do with it, without purchasing the web builder and email for nearly $400!  There appears to be no way to contact them apart from the phone, and I got no help on there either.  Chat keeps telling me I'm 24th in the queue.

Can anyone help me?

@PurplePaws, I would just wait in the queue, I find it more helpful than the phone support. Provide them with your receipt number for a refund of the products/services that you do not want.

----

Justin Godfrey
Domain Name Investor

When replying to me please @ mention my name
If my answer solves your question, please accept it as a solution.
PurplePaws
Novice

Re: Domain, website and email help!

Thanks Justin, I will give it a go.