Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain

So, my previous blog was canceled and deleted. I can't log in or do anything to it because of this issue. Therefore, I need to start from scratch but want to use the same domain. If my previous domain goes to a 404 error is it free to use for another site? I am just trying to start from scratch with a brand new blog on WP, but with the previous domain I had been using. I am not sure if forwarding the domain is what I am supposed to do? Again, the domain is technically already linked to my previous blog but it goes right to a 404 error page. I want to take it off of that (the business account was not mine and someone went in and canceled it without my knowledge) and redirect it to a NEW blog. I dont want to start one until i know how to transfer that domain over to a brand new page or know at least that I can do it. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about this in the easiest way? 

1 REPLY 1
charminglygeeky
Employee

Hi @whollyhappylife

If you have ownership of the domain, you will need to edit your domain's DNS record to point to your new hosting plan. If you plan on purchasing our Managed Wordpress you will need to set it up first. Once the account is setup, you will need to view your hosting account's IP address and then edit your domain's A record

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support