Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to pay to request domain already owned by GoDaddy to "negotiate".

I want to use the site princessgang.com for my clothing boutique that already exists via shopify. However it's already in use though it's registered to GoDaddy but it's a search redirect. I don't want to pay $70 for them to "negotiate" when they already own it. What should I do. 

2 REPLIES 2
jpablo
Helper VI

@princessgang the registrar is GoDaddy, but it's owned by a person. If you don't want to pay the negotiation, to buy the domain from the owner, then you should choose another domain name. Also, you may want to use another TLD instead of .com. For example princessgang.boutique looks like it's available.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄
TLH

Hi @princessgang,

The Domain Buy Service is just one way you can obtain the domain name. You may also contact the owner directly if you wish. The other response you received was also excellent -- you can create a new domain with another TLD.

When a domain is registered at GoDaddy, it is the account holder/Registrant that owns the domain. GoDaddy does not own the domain, so we are not negotiating "when they already own it". We will negotiate the best price for you from the current owner of the domain. Just FYI on the service offered.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us