cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email Error: Host or Domain not found

I haven't been able to get my email since Friday. I send myself a test email and it bounces back with an error message saying host or domain not found.  I connected my site to Shopify so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. My web address (www.needleworkfool.com) seems to be working fine but I can't my email to work now. How can I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Email Error: Host or Domain not found

Hi @flowersrule, how is your email set up? In other words, what do you use to access it? Is it going through gmail? Or do you use one of the email clients that comes with hosting? Would you be able to send a screen shot of your DNS settings?

I'm guessing that you might have made a blanket change to the overall DNS and need to make sure your mail.domain.com settings are set up right, or that you have some MX records set up. 

We can see your MX records here: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aneedleworkfool.com&run=toolpage

Depending on what you use for email, I might be able to help you adjust your settings. 

Thank you so much for replying and offering to help. I access my email through cpanel.  I connected my account to Shopify so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I don't know if anything I posted a screen shot should be confidential or not but if it is let me know and I'll delete it. Thanks again.

Solution

Yes, please go ahead and delete those now just to be safe.

In cPanel when you're on the home page, there should be some server stats. You need to figure out what IP Address your account is assigned to.

When you have the IP Address, you need to create a new A record:

Type: A    Name: mail   Value: [ip address]    TTL: 600 seconds

Did I do that right? 

Possibly, did you test the email yet? 

I am now able to receive emails again. Thank you so much for all your help!

Excellent, I'm happy that worked!

my domain not foun error message saying domain not found