cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails were working then suddenly started going to SPAM

Hi,

I registered the domain with godaddy and use Tencent as the email service provider. Everything was working normally since early last year but since the end of December, all the emails sent to my customers went to spam. Both godaddy and Tencent were contacted to resolve this problem. Tencent said all looked fine on their side as nothing was changed and asked me to check the SPF with godaddy. I chatted with godaddy support and they verified all looked fine on their side and to check the MX settings. Tencent checked the DNS Management Records and said they all looked fine.

I am lost on next steps. My emails are still going into spam and it is hurting my business. Thank you for any support you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Emails were working then suddenly started going to SPAM

Hi @tsunamicc. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! When emails get delivered as spam, it's usually due to either something in the content of the email or the reputation of the email server that sent the message. It sounds like Tencent is your email provider, so they would have to address any potential issues with reputation that may exist. Your best bet is to contact the email providers that are classifying your messages as spam to find out why this is happening. There may be something in your content that you need to change. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Thanks JesseW, yes you are right and we have been in contact with them. They say they checked on their side and there is no indication that my email should go to spam. They continue to tell us that it is a godaddy domain issue with the SPF. This is a work email so there is no content that should be flagged. any other suggestions? It is hurting my business since my emails are not being received and most do not check their spam.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@tsunamicc - It sounds like there may be some confusion. If your SPF is set up correctly to show you are sending email from Tencent, then it shouldn't be a problem. If there is a problem with the SPF record, then they should be able to specify what that problem is, and then you could change it. If you'd like to share your domain and the information from Tencent on what the SPF should be, I'd be happy to take a look. 

Another thing you can look into is the reputation of your domain registration. This isn't something managed by GoDaddy as it's related to how your domain is/has been used in the past. I found this 3rd-party article on the subject that might help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.