cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward domain1 traffic to domain2 but keep domain1 email working

How do I forward a domain without messing with the email? I have two domains with godaddy. I want to forward domain1 traffic that is on weebly, to domain2 which is on another host. Email for domain1 is through office 365. Can I forward domain1 traffic to domain2 while keeping domain1 email working?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @abbbgreg. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you are already using GoDaddy nameservers for the domain you want to forward, then adding the forwarding shouldn't cause an issue with your email. However, if you're using 3rd party website hosting for the domain right now, then adding forwarding will update the domain's nameservers. That might still be OK as long as the domain and Office 365 plan are both in the same GoDaddy account. I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with your domain's current DNS settings in case adding the forwarding causes any unwanted changes. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.