cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
geodude
New

Forwarding with masking

Hi! I was checking one of my sites just recently and it seems that the forwarding with masking suddenly stopped working. I've been using this for 2+ years, never changed anything and it has worked perfectly. I've talked to chat support and this is what they said,

"They are the policies changes, presently it have not updated, it is under verification and will get updated soon."

Now i asked if there was any update/notification email that was sent regarding this and this is what i got as a response.

"We haven't sent any notifications, as we are negotiating, once it is done we will send a notification emails regarding this to all our customers."

The million dollar question is, is this accurate? Has anyone had any issues with forwarding with masking? The site that i am forwarding to is loading fine if i use the actual link, however if i use the url mask, it just spins forever.

The domain/site that i am forwarding to is also in the same account that i have with Godaddy.

Can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What the person i've talked to via GD support chat is a bit concerning. He mentioned all that but then after a few hours, started working again. 

I can tell you that when i looked into the frame source, it wasn't going directly to the destination (or wasn't loading the supposed source).

But again for some reason, it started working. very concerning from a customer support perspective. Now if this would be something temporary, and started acting up again in the near future then i would escalate it again. For now, i'll close this. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User II

@geodude 

I am an end user like you and haven't heard anything / seen anything specifically like this. The only thing I can tell you is that forwarding with masking is really just a full page iFrame. More and more companies / servers are being configured to block iFrames as they can be viewed as a security issue and they want people loading their site directly.

The policy change maybe that if you are on a cPanel server that they have enabled the cross site reference flag - meaning pages within an iframe wouldn't load as your described.

Again I'm not sure and have not heard anything but it's the only thing I can think of.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

What the person i've talked to via GD support chat is a bit concerning. He mentioned all that but then after a few hours, started working again. 

I can tell you that when i looked into the frame source, it wasn't going directly to the destination (or wasn't loading the supposed source).

But again for some reason, it started working. very concerning from a customer support perspective. Now if this would be something temporary, and started acting up again in the near future then i would escalate it again. For now, i'll close this. Thank you.

View solution in original post