cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Go daddy took the com

Hi I was registering a few domain names. Wanting. Co.uk and com within seconds of doing the. Co. UK go daddy registered the Com making the brand I had come up with worthless. Have I been scammed?
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Go daddy took the com

Hi @Bobfossil. Thanks for posting. I'm guessing that when you say GoDaddy took the .com version, you mean that it appears to be registered with us. If the domain has WHOIS information showing Domains By Proxy, that is an indication that it is a GoDaddy customer who has purchased privacy. GoDaddy as a company does not register other versions of domains that customers register. We usually suggest that customers do so when they're going through the registration process. I'd suggest double-checking what the registration date for the .com was. My guess would be that the .com domain was already registered when you got the .co.uk. Feel free to share the domain if you'd like someone to take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.