Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy API Domain Name is CaseSensitive, Bug

While buying some domains my colleague used ALL-CAPS.COM

Let's Say you are using the GoDaddy Api to set hostnames, A records etc. If you send a request with lower case domain name, API returns back UNKNOWN DOMAIN message error. So API is  Case Sensitive. So you have to know how the domain is originally purchased, CAPS or lowercase.

1. This is a bug that should be corrected.

2. How can we change domain names to lowercase, will support be able to change them to lowercase?

Note: If i sent the request with ALL CAPS DOMAIN NAME, it works. But there is no way i can know if the domain is bought in ALL CAPS, i have to send a request for the domain, if i get an error "UNKNOWN DOMAIN" i have to send the same request in CAPS. This is just a workaround not a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @tkorkunckaya. Thanks for posting. I will pass on this information to our API team. Would you be able to provide the specific domain you were trying to update? This would be helpful in our investigation so we can get a full understanding of what's going on. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Hi Jesse,

the list of domains are below.

I've tried with one of the problematic domains again a few minutes ago, i could not reproduce the issue. Maybe it is already fixed or it was my mistake i really don't know. But there were a few domains in our domains list giving the same UNKNOWN_DOMAIN error.

We were doing bulk updates to HOST A records for domains, those domains were giving error. Even when we export all domains as CSV from the GoDaddy panel they come as ALL UPPERCASE.

PIZZASTESOPHIE.CA
PIZZAPREVOST.COM
PIZZAMASSON.CA

Thanks for you reply.