Did you mean: 

HOW TO CHANGE DOMAIN ABN AND COMPANY DETAILS

HOW TO CHANGE DOMAIN ABN AND COMPANY DETAILS

3 REPLIES 3
Employee
Employee

Re: HOW TO CHANGE DOMAIN ABN AND COMPANY DETAILS

Hi @smapatrick

Thank you for your post. To make an update to the ABN and/or company for a .COM.AU domain would require an escalation be made with our customer services department which will  communicate this request to the AU registry. There may also be a fee associated with the update as well. 

Below I have listed a link to our customer service departments by country. Please contact us at a time of your convenience to begin the process.

Best wishes!

-Techfly 

Customer service by region |  https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

ranRe: HOW TO CHANGE DOMAIN ABN AND COMPANY DETAILS

I was told by one of your support staff (who name is "Cross") that changing the Registrant and ABN was included in a 2-year domain renewal.

Which makes sense: when you first register a domain you have to "escalate" this information to auDA.... so why would a 2-year renewal be any different.

In fact, I confirmed with auDA (Australian whois) that a renewal is effectively a re-registration anyway, so updating auDA with the accurate information is sensible. 

However, I can't find any information on the GoDaddy site to confirm that a 2-year renewal / re-registration allows me (us) to update auDA?

By the way, I have several dozen domains that I was going to transfer over from another Registrar... I've done one as a test. From this test, and this message, it appears that GoDaddy hasn't automated this update process with auDA and that a manual per-domain approach is required. 

Until you automate this, I'm ok doing manual 2-year renewals if they include an update to auDA. But I'm not switching Registrars if I have pay for a) a 2-year renewal + b) hidden administration fees... to simply update the WHOIS database.

Clarity appreciated.

New

Re: HOW TO CHANGE DOMAIN ABN AND COMPANY DETAILS

what is abn and acn on godaddy.com