cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE PROBLEM CONNECTING MY DOMAIN TO WORDPRESS!

Hey, GD Community!

I just purchased my new domain tonight and unfortunately, I think I'm screwed now.

I purchased a domain from GD, bought hosting from SiteGround, and made a free Wordpress thinking this is what I needed to do.

Completely confused as to how connect my domain to the Wordpress, I literally was all over the place trying to connect it to my Wordpress. Currently my Wordpress account is deleted because I thought that was how you uninstall Wordpress; (can you tell I've never made a website before) So at this point, I have no idea what to do. I tried transferring to my Wordpress from GoDaddy and that didn't work (this was before I deleted the Wordpress). Now where it say 'Use my domain' it's blank. 

Basically what I'm asking here is; I have my domain, I have my hosting, I need it on a Wordpress without have to pay Wordpress. Haha.

I would love someones help here.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: HUGE PROBLEM CONNECTING MY DOMAIN TO WORDPRESS!

@RaheemNzegwu wrote:

Hey, GD Community!

I just purchased my new domain tonight and unfortunately, I think I'm screwed now.

I purchased a domain from GD, bought hosting from SiteGround, and made a free Wordpress thinking this is what I needed to do.

Completely confused as to how connect my domain to the Wordpress, I literally was all over the place trying to connect it to my Wordpress. Currently my Wordpress account is deleted because I thought that was how you uninstall Wordpress; (can you tell I've never made a website before) So at this point, I have no idea what to do. I tried transferring to my Wordpress from GoDaddy and that didn't work (this was before I deleted the Wordpress). Now where it say 'Use my domain' it's blank. 

Basically what I'm asking here is; I have my domain, I have my hosting, I need it on a Wordpress without have to pay Wordpress. Haha.

I would love someones help here.

Thanks!

@RaheemNzegwu does Siteground offer a wordpress installation service/app in their control panel? Most hosting companies do. You can also login to your site via FTP and install a copy of Wordpress from wordpress.org. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
sincspecv
Novice

Re: HUGE PROBLEM MY DOMAIN

Hello guy!!

This domain name [removed] of Vietnam specializes in stealing credit cards on godady

Re: HUGE PROBLEM MY DOMAIN

Hi @sincspecv, thanks for posting.

If you would like to report a site or domain for abuse, please use the form on this page:

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport/Index

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status