cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Help With Domain Forwarding

Hi, I am hoping that some of you experienced website builders will be able to assist.  I have 2 domains and website builder.  I have tried to forward my .com domain to my .co.uk domain which in preview works perfectly well.  But if I type in browser I get this error www.craftsbydebz.com’s server DNS address could not be found.  Any advice on what I may be doing wrong much appreciated.

Thanks Debz

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Help With Domain Forwarding

@debzvoom wrote:

Hi, I am hoping that some of you experienced website builders will be able to assist.  I have 2 domains and website builder.  I have tried to forward my .com domain to my .co.uk domain which in preview works perfectly well.  But if I type in browser I get this error www.craftsbydebz.com’s server DNS address could not be found.  Any advice on what I may be doing wrong much appreciated.

Thanks Debz

@debzvoom The whois indicates that the domain hasn't been updated since 2015, please follow these steps to correctly setup the forwarding on your domain. Once setup it can take up to 48 hours for the nameservers to propagate throughout the internet. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123

---

Thanks I think it may have worked as I can see now it says servers updated with today's date.  I'll check it after the 48hrs 🙂

UPDATE -  Perfect

Forwarded domain not working on mobile. Chrome broweser (mobile) is showing www.www 

I have changed my name servers for one of my domains back to Go-Daddy. It was connected by name server to WIX and I have now changed name servers back to GoDaddy and forwarded it to another domian hosted elsewhere.

forwarded domain is tagb.com.au and it is forwarded to thinkandgrowbusiness.com.au

How do I resolve?

Tony

Hey @tonycurl

Just wanted to check in. Seems you may have worked this one out on your own as I just tested your tagb.com.au domain within a Mobile Chrome browser and found it resolving to thinkandgrowbusiness.com.au without any further 'www.www' being added to the URL address. 

If you'd like to share what you did, I'm sure a other members would appreciate the tip should any one else encounter a similar issue. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I just update the domain forwarding to an IP with mask

After few minutes I ping the domain. 

It shows

Pinging www.cenpo.info [50.63.202.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=173ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=50
Reply from 50.63.202.1: bytes=32 time=172ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 50.63.202.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 171ms, Maximum = 173ms, Average = 171ms

which is not I expected.

Any Idea?

Employee
Employee

Hello @chrisyiu!

Thank you for posting! When you setup domain forwarding this is a DNS change for that domain and DNS changes take 24-48 hours to take effect everywhere. So you wouldn't be able to see your changes within a few minutes. That being said, it looks like it's forwarding to that IP address now. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hello,

Thx for reply. today is Saturday already. Almost 3 days the IP forwarded still not update yet. 

Any thing I did wrong?!?!

BTW, The name server I use default setting. Is it OK?

ns67.domaincontrol.com

Can someone assist with setting up forwarding domain to a new Google Site? Is this even possible?

Helper IV
Helper IV

Here is a link that shows you how to forward a domain. You can forward multiple domains to a site by going through this process on each domain you want to forward.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123

Dear Community Users,

I am trying to map my domain with custom url like http://x.x.x.x/public but the value is not accepting non-numeric values.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to map primary domain to custom URL?

2. If yes, how to achieve it?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to hear your thoughts.

does not work. give up. ive been chasing this for the past 2 weeks. opened a case. emailled people, chatted to a few more and it does. not. work.

buy some hosting and do it via httaccess... will save you many silver hairs..

Wondering if you ever resolved your forwarding to the New Google Sites. I just created my webpage with their new site app and followed all the directions to publish it and make the file accessible in Google drive, and when I select preview in GoDaddy - it works, but when I type URL in browser - it is blank. I've already cleared my browsing history and changed the https:// to http:// and still nothing. Maybe I'm just being impatient. The first temporary forwarding address I used connected immediately (within minutes) but when I completed my web pages and changed the forwarding address to Google, it did nothing. I will try not to fiddle with it for 48 hrs and see if it updates itself. If you had a different fix, please share!

Hi, did you work out a fix? I am having the same problem.
My site is setup with Google new sites. The url from GoDaddy won't fwd to the Google new sites page.
Thanks so much,
Fleur

Yes I got mine to work by adding/changing two lines on the domain management page.
A (Host)
@ (points to) 50.63.202.3
CName (Alias)
www (points to) ghs.google.com

FYI: GoDaddy does not cloak the website address for the new google sites app. Your home address will be visible in the browser bar. There is no fix for that I could find. The cloaking does work on the old google sites though, cause I have a domain for another website I created on google a couple years ago that still forwards and hides the home address. Newer is not always better.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately it still doesn't work on everyone's device. Most people get a 404 error. Will contact GoDaddy today.
Cheers, fleur

Mine gives the same error if you put www. in front of the address now. If you just put the domain name in the browser, it works fine.
Please share whatever response you get from GoDaddy so I will know if I need to change mine back. Thanks.

New

Have been trying to forward a domain (adsr.com.ng) registered with a different company  to adsrng.com hosted on godaddy.

Have pointed the nameserver from the registered company the issue is on godaddy.

adsr.com.ng’s server IP address could not be found. Search Google for adsr ng ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Please, help resolve this.