cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How To Update The Domain Nameservers To iPage Nameservers

Hi,

I'm very new to all this. I set my domain name with Go Daddy and set up web hosting with iPage.

It seems I need to add tags to my web site that search engine, so that crawler bots will find and register my site. As I say, am very new to all thisSmiley Happy

I logged on to Ppage to edit my site but couldn't bring up my web site. I had a chat session with iPage, they said, " Please contact the domain registrar and update the domain nameservers to our nameservers : ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com .
Once the domain nameservers are updated, it will take 24 to 48 hours to propagate on the DNS servers.
Then you will see WebsiteBuilder site on your domain name.
You just need to ask GoDaddy to change the domain nameservers to our nameservers : ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com .
If you have access to your GoDaddy account, then you can do the change on your own. "

I tried to open a Go Daddy chat but no connection.

Could someone explain simply and clearly how I go about doing what iPage say I need to do on the Go Daddy site.

Thanks loads Smiley Happy

Peter.

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: How To Update The Domain Nameservers To iPage Nameservers

@ZeusMC13 wrote:

Hi,

I'm very new to all this. I set my domain name with Go Daddy and set up web hosting with iPage.

It seems I need to add tags to my web site that search engine, so that crawler bots will find and register my site. As I say, am very new to all thisSmiley Happy

I logged on to Ppage to edit my site but couldn't bring up my web site. I had a chat session with iPage, they said, " Please contact the domain registrar and update the domain nameservers to our nameservers : ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com .
Once the domain nameservers are updated, it will take 24 to 48 hours to propagate on the DNS servers.
Then you will see WebsiteBuilder site on your domain name.
You just need to ask GoDaddy to change the domain nameservers to our nameservers : ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com .
If you have access to your GoDaddy account, then you can do the change on your own. "

I tried to open a Go Daddy chat but no connection.

Could someone explain simply and clearly how I go about doing what iPage say I need to do on the Go Daddy site.

Thanks loads Smiley Happy

Peter.

@ZeusMC13 You just need to login to Godaddy and click on "update nameservers" for the domain name, then use the nameservers that ipage provided: ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com

Here are more instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-custom-nameservers-for-domains-registered-with-godaddy-12317

----

Re: How To Update The Domain Nameservers To iPage Nameservers

Just done it, brill thanks. Smiley Happy