cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How change to external nameservers?

I have a few domains that the DNS info was configured here at Godaddy. I am going to host the websites now at a different party. And I want to point the domains at the NS servers of that hosting company.

Do I simply need to remove all prior records (MX, @, etc) and put in the domains for the hosting companies NS servers?
This is what I hope I did now with kungfudeventer.nl But I can not remove the two NS servers which were already there (ns75.domaincontrol.com and 76). Must that be done at a later time? There is no delete-button now.

Once this proces went OK I will do it with my more important domains (I cant have them down for too long so I want to understand the process ;))

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: How change to external nameservers?

@JeroenK wrote:

I have a few domains that the DNS info was configured here at Godaddy. I am going to host the websites now at a different party. And I want to point the domains at the NS servers of that hosting company.

@do I simply need to remove all prior records (MX, @, etc) and put in the domains for the hosting companies NS servers?
This is what I hope I did now with kungfudeventer.nl But I can not remove the two NS servers which were already there (ns75.domaincontrol.com and 76). Must that be done at a later time? There is no delete-button now.

Once this proces went OK I will do it with my more important domains (I cant have them down for too long so I want to understand the process ;))

Thanks so much!

@JeroenK Hi there, you can update the nameservers by going here and following the instructions, typically it should just require you to edit the nameservers: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

----

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: How change to external nameservers?

@JeroenK wrote:

@do I simply need to remove all prior records (MX, @, etc) and put in the domains for the hosting companies NS servers?

Thanks so much!

@JeroenK Hi there, you can update the nameservers by going here and following the instructions, typically it should just require you to edit the nameservers: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

----

View solution in original post