cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How do I manage auto-renewal length?

Hello.

I have about 50 domains with GoDaddy. Is there a way to view the auto-renewal length the domains are set to? I have some clients that want to change the renewal length, but that option is not available view the menu anymore. Is there no longer a way to view renewal lengths, or even manage these lengths?

Thanks,

GSB.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: How do I manage auto-renewal length?

@gsbto wrote:

Hello.

I have about 50 domains with GoDaddy. Is there a way to view the auto-renewal length the domains are set to? I have some clients that want to change the renewal length, but that option is not available view the menu anymore. Is there no longer a way to view renewal lengths, or even manage these lengths?

Thanks,

GSB.

@gsbto  Yes, you can select the domains and then click on the "renew" menu and then on "manage auto-renew" and there is an option on how many years the domain should be renewed for.

---

All my domains are renewing for 2 year periods altho I have always renewed most of them in the past manually for 1 year each, since many are for sale. The Godaddy rep refused to reimburse me for the difference even tho it is not yet 5 days since the auto transactions. He insisted it was icann policy that all domains could only be auto-renewed for at least 2 years, never 1 year, and there is nothing that Godaddy can do about it. So no refund without canceling the domain. Well, this is just deceptive trade practices and some lawyer will make a mint by pursuing it. I just canceled the auto-renew on ALL my 103 domains. I will renew them manually in the future.

Super User II
Super User II

@gracchus wrote:

All my domains are renewing for 2 year periods altho I have always renewed most of them in the past manually for 1 year each, since many are for sale. The Godaddy rep refused to reimburse me for the difference even tho it is not yet 5 days since the auto transactions. He insisted it was icann policy that all domains could only be auto-renewed for at least 2 years, never 1 year, and there is nothing that Godaddy can do about it. So no refund without canceling the domain. Well, this is just deceptive trade practices and some lawyer will make a mint by pursuing it. I just canceled the auto-renew on ALL my 103 domains. I will renew them manually in the future.

@gracchus that is quite odd, it looks like they took the "manage auto renew" settings out of the new domain manager.

---

Highlighted

Yes, this is most troubling. I bought domains for one year and then was shocked to find they'd auto-renewed for two years. I would have assumed that the auto-renew would match the length of the first purchase. I am considering transferring my domains elsewhere.