cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I prepopulate my dns records

Records are at another host and I want to migrate them back to godaddy.  "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us." Do I really need to point the name servers back to google before I import my zone? There should be a way to stage your dns settings.  Cutting over the name servers and trying to import and fix things is very ugly. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How do I prepopulate my dns records

@ProcurantJoe 

At this time there is no way to import the zone file before you switch the domain back to GoDaddy. 

I personally use https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/ to look up the DNS information the ANY option usually gives you the full zone - assuming the host allows for the DNS zone to be exported

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the response...seems it was much easier to move away from godaddy to google cloud than it is to go back to godaddy.  Hard to believe the largest registrar in the world doesn't make the transition to their services easier.  I have an export of my zone in yml and zone file format.  I know there was a record or two that didn't play nicely on the google side and I suspect I might run into issues again and was hoping to at least attempt to import them before cutting over the name servers.  This should be fun...thanks godaddy!   To clarify, they do have an import option once I switch over to godaddy's name servers right?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@ProcurantJoe 

You should have something like this.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.25.39 PM.png

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community