cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How do I unlink my email address as registrant for domains I no longer own?

A reverse search of WhoIs shows my private email address as the registrant of six domains that I did not renew (I gave them up about the middle of last year). I made an error of judgment in giving that personal email address when I registered the domains as I write under a pen name and it now links me to my books under my real name (dumb of me, I know). I have updated all contact information for the live domains I still own - three are yet to show my new email address but I hope that will happen in time. My main concern is, how do I get my personal email address removed as registrant from domains I don't own? (No one else is likely to buy them either - think random book names that no one would care about!).

Any help would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Employee
Employee

Re: How do I unlink my email address as registrant for domains I no longer own?

Do they show up in the expired domains dropdown? You can find it by clicking manage all on domains from your my products page then clicking domains on the green menu up top.

New

No, the message I get there is, 'You have no expired domains.'

Thanks for replying.

Employee
Employee

If you no longer own the domain, I'd visit whois.godaddy.com, find the domain, and click the link that whois is invalid.

New

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

New

Sorry, another question. I've entered the first expired domain name into the search box but the only thing I see after that is, 'Yes! Your Domain is available, buy it before someone else does.' I can't find how to get to the link about the domain information. All I've got at the moment is 'add to cart' but I've obviously gone off track somewhere.

Employee
Employee
Solution

If that's the case any registration data you're seeing is old stuff the site you're searching for the info is holding onto. The domain isn't registered at all if it comes back that you can purchase it again, there isn't any official whois data.

New

Thanks for explaining. I guess I can make a list of the sites and contact them directly. Valuable lesson learned!