cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
ISS_Boss
Novice

How does adding another domain to my current domain work?

I have a current domain (intellisigsys.net) hosted on GoDaddy. I want to add another domain (bdouglasslack.com). I am really confused on exactly how that can be accomplished. What I think I need to do is:

1) Purchase the domain (give it a while to publish), then

2) Go to my current GoDaddy CP and add that domain

If this is true, then when I FTP into my current domain will I find a new folder added for the second domain? Or, will I get another direct-access URL for my FTP client to access it? I'm really in the dark about this. I have already created the web site locally and just need to locate the proper slot for the index file and the rest of the site.

If all the above is correct, then if I put the new domain into my browser address bar, will I be directed to the new site?

I hope I'm explaining this properly.

Bill

2 REPLIES
Solution

Re: How does adding another domain to my current domain work?

@ISS_Boss

Hi Bill!

Thank you for posting! That's right. You just need to register your new domain and then add it to your current hosting plan. When you add the domain to your hosting account, you specify a folder name that becomes the root for that new website. When you FTP, you FTP to that folder. Hope this helps! If you get stuck, let us know.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
ISS_Boss
Novice

Re: How does adding another domain to my current domain work?

Your Forum software is TERRIBLE!!!!!

Every time I try to respond, I get this:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.15d3fea5.1488571863.2d53adc

You really need to get your stuff together.