Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisat
New

How may I get an offer to transnfer a premium domain

Hello to all.

I own a domain ❤️ chars>.fashion, i.e.: www.zzz.fashion. It is assumed as a Premium domain.

How may I get an offer from goDaddy to transfer it to you?

How much will be the final yearly fee for this domain.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Hello @dennisat,

When talking about domains cost and price are typically two different things. You can buy a domain for $10,000 and to keep it the yearly fee can be $12.99 depending on the extention and registrar. I'm not up on costing for .fashion domains but what you pay to acquire the domain is not necessarily the yearly fee.

If you are looking to offer your domain for sale you can list it is auctions.godaddy.com or perhaps even reach out to people to whom you feel like that domain works? Assuming that when you say "How may I get an offer to transfer a premium domain" you mean you would like to sale the domain name? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

f

Hello rd! What I meant is that I have already a domain like this: www.zzz.fashion and now I pay a lot of money to the current registrar. I asked another registrar how much is the annual fee for this domain and he gave the ridiculous answer "tell me what do you pay now do make you an offer". Oh my gosh!!!! Anyway... having this experience I assume any registrar is charging whatever he wants for the premium domains. Because of that I am asking this, I have a domain like the xxx.fashion, and I want to have an offer for the annual fee in order to transfer it to goDaddy. What I have to do? How does it work? I don't know. Thank you in advance.

It sounds like you don't have control over your domain and are getting raked over the coals? Even if you Bay $10,000 for a .COM because it's a premium domain the yearly renewal will still be the .COM price of the registrar. What that renewal cost is is dependant on the TLD and company you have the domain registered with.

I'm not totally familiar with the .FASHION TLD but I'd imagine a renewal cost wood be $39.99 to as much as $99.99 but I can't imagine it would be anymore than that even for the renewal of a premium domain? I'm not totally aware of your specifics @dennisat so that is my generic read. Check out the GoDaddy Domain Transfer pricing and see if your domain can be transferred. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Hello @dennisat,

When talking about domains cost and price are typically two different things. You can buy a domain for $10,000 and to keep it the yearly fee can be $12.99 depending on the extention and registrar. I'm not up on costing for .fashion domains but what you pay to acquire the domain is not necessarily the yearly fee.

If you are looking to offer your domain for sale you can list it is auctions.godaddy.com or perhaps even reach out to people to whom you feel like that domain works? Assuming that when you say "How may I get an offer to transfer a premium domain" you mean you would like to sale the domain name? I hope that helps?

EddieT
New

I have a domain listed in the Domain Auction as a premium listing, but it only has a Buy Now price. Is it possible to make that listing use the Offer/Counter Offer/Buy It Now feature while maintaining Premium status? Any ideas how to do it? The only options I see when I try to edit it are to change the list price and the payee (under the basic tab) and listing information, auto renew and payee (under the advanced tab). I would really like to be open for negotiations.

Hi @EddieT

A Premium Domain Listing is only done at a set purchase price and is available to all customers at that set price. (no auction membership required).

If you wish to use the offer/counter offer option, you will need to enter it as an auction listing. You can click here for more Auction answers.

Listing Domain Names on GoDaddy Auctions from the Domain Manager: https://www.godaddy.com/help/listing-domain-names-on-godaddy-auctions-from-the-domain-manager-4155?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us