Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How to Access Nextcloud Server Using GoDaddy Subdomain

Hi,

Is there a way to access my Nextcloud server hosted on my home network by using a GoDaddy subdomain? Basically, I would like to create a subdomain such as nextcloud.mydomain.com and use it to access my Nextcloud server.

I have created an OpenMediaVault server and used docker to install Nextcloud. Now, I can access the Nextcloud site and files locally within my network just fine using the local IP address and assigned port (i.e. 192.168.1.11:443).

However, I would like to access the Nextcloud server from outside my network by using a subdomain from GoDaddy (i.e. nextcloud.mydomain.com). I have read that I can share/open ports to my network but people in forums say that that is not a good idea as it is opening my ports to all. I think I can get OpenVPN configured for me to access the server. However, since I would like other family members to access it, it may be a bit much to ask them to setup a VPN connection.

Therefor, is it possible to access my Nextcloud server via a subdmian from GoDaddy? If so, can you pls point me to some steps or documentation to do this?

Thx!

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: How to Access Nextcloud Server Using GoDaddy Subdomain

Hi @BOOK3R

While we can't advise you on the setup of your Nextcloud server (and your VPN setup), perhaps this will assist you in directing a subdomain to the IP address you have noted. 

https://in.godaddy.com/help/add-a-subdomain-that-points-to-an-ip-address-4080

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support