cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to add a domain slug, and then forward that to another link (godaddydomain.ca/page, forwarded)

My GoDaddy domain currently forwards (and masks) to a different URL. 

I want to create an extension/slug to my GoDaddy domain, such as mydomain.com/about, and then forward that link to a specific page on my actual website. 

Is this possible?

I have successfully done this in the past through GoDaddy, but suddenly it stopped working and I can't wrap my head around why. The only thing I've managed to achieve is creating links like about.mydomain.com, and then forwarding that to another link. However, if I add a "www." to that (www.about.mydomain.com) it no longer forwards.

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: How to add a domain slug, and then forward that to another link (godaddydomain.ca/page, forwarde

Hi @laurenfagen,

That is possible, however you will need to create that specific link within your hosting account and then forward the domain to that URL. If the 'www' forward does not work, you probably need to edit your 'www' CNAME and make sure it's pointing to '@'. Here is how to edit your cname

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: How to add a domain slug, and then forward that to another link (godaddydomain.ca/page, forwarde

Hi @charminglygeeky

Thanks for your reply. There does exist a link within my hosting account that I can forward things to. I’m just struggling to create the URL godaddydomain.com/page. If I can create that, I’ll be able to forward it to hostingdomain.com/page (which already exists).