cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to add nameservers to my domain according to my external servers?

Hello all

I recently started to set up "mail in a box

The exhaustive setup guide there shows how to manage the DNS and add name servers according to the external servers from Digital ocean from gandi.net. 

I, on the contrary, wanted to setup my domain through godaddy.

I've all my stuff setup except the part where I've to glue my external name servers. 

(Please go through the video in the mail in a box website to see how they add personal name servers to their domains). 

Although I found these two links 

Add your own host names for name servers which I completed successfully

and then for the step Set custom nameservers for domains registered with GoDaddy

I couldn't seem to do it.. 

When I try to set up in the name-server section with custom fields 

with my names as ns1.<my ext server host name> 

followed by the ip address and then ns2.<my ext server host name> and then the same ip address, it doesn't set it up .. It shows fix the nameserver 

I followed the sets form the mail in a box video, but I'm getting stuck at configuring the nameservers in godaddy.. 

please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Rockstar II

@dattasaurabh82 wrote:

Hello all

The exhaustive setup guide there shows how to manage the DNS and add name servers according to the external servers from Digital ocean from gandi.net. 

I've all my stuff setup except the part where I've to glue my external name servers. 

(Please go through the video in the mail in a box website to see how they add personal name servers to their domains). 

and then for the step Set custom nameservers for domains registered with GoDaddy

followed by the ip address and then ns2.<my ext server host name> and then the same ip address, it doesn't set it up .. It shows fix the nameserver 

I followed the sets form the mail in a box video, but I'm getting stuck at configuring the nameservers in godaddy.. 

please help

@dattasaurabh82 Sorry, I looked through the mailinthebox setup and it is rather confusing. Do you mind if I ask why you're using them? Is there a specific reason?

----

View solution in original post

@MalBond wrote:

Hi,

I have a new Domain in GoDaddy but my Hosting is External.

I went to DNS management.

I selected "Custom Nameserver"

I inserted the NameServer IDs of my External Hosting  = 

NS1.my external domain.com

NS2.my external domain.com

The Hosting has been set up for the new domain and has been tested with a HomePage.

I clear the Cashe and refresh my FireFox Browser.

When I try to access the HomePage via my Firefox Browser I get a GoDaddy page :-

Green panel with "The domain beinmyworld.com is no longer parked by GoDaddy."

I have waited 24 hours but I do my get my Hosted HomePage.

What can I do to make the GoDaddy custom nameserver setting direct to my hosting?

Thanks.

Mal

@MalBond The domain name is resolving to your site for me. See below:

Link Name is a link to another nifty site
This is a Header
Be In My World
This is a Medium Header
Be In My World Send me mail at Help@mr-fixit-4u.com.
This is a new paragraph!

This is a new paragraph! 
This is a new sentence without a paragraph break, in bold italics.

---

5 REPLIES 5
Rockstar II

@dattasaurabh82 wrote:

Hello all

please help

@dattasaurabh82 Sorry, I looked through the mailinthebox setup and it is rather confusing. Do you mind if I ask why you're using them? Is there a specific reason?

----

I just want to setup the namespace servers according to the hostnames that I've setup in godaddy as provided by my digital ocean server. 

What it says as Gluing in gandi.net. 

Spoiler
Nameserver glue records are incorrect

hello and good day , first time to use godaddy and iclanwebsite, i am confused what to do can you help me please? because this is the only reply from iclanwebsite on how should i do it. but i am not familiar with this stuff. Thanks in advance. 

"First, you need to resolve your domain name to our IP address, which is 72.8.190.25. Both www. and without the www. should be setup to resolve to this IP address. You can do this by creating DNS A records for your domain name. If you need help with this, then it is best to contact your domain name registrar company, because they will be able to assist you with the DNS records.

Once that has been done, login to your website and go to your admin panel, click Domains > Configure Domain Name and complete step 2. You may need to wait a little while for the DNS settings to reach us, we will check your domain name setup to ensure everything is going to work smoothly. If you see an error, then it is likely you just need to wait a little longer (48 hours in some rare cases) or you have problems with your DNS setup."

This are the  server name:

ns1.clanwebsites.com
ns2.clanwebsites.com
ns3.clanwebsites.com
ns4.clanwebsites.com

Hi,

The Hosting has been set up for the new domain and has been tested with a HomePage.

When I try to access the HomePage via my Firefox Browser I get a GoDaddy page :-

What can I do to make the GoDaddy custom nameserver setting direct to my hosting?

Thanks.

Mal

@MalBond wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Mal

@MalBond The domain name is resolving to your site for me. See below:

Link Name is a link to another nifty site
This is a Header
Be In My World
This is a Medium Header
Be In My World Send me mail at Help@mr-fixit-4u.com.
This is a new paragraph!

This is a new paragraph! 
This is a new sentence without a paragraph break, in bold italics.

---