Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
KennethP
New

How to change nameserver for my new domain? Nameserver Section missing

Hi,

I'm trying to set the nameservers of my new domain to digitalocean, but it seems close to imposible.

I read this help-page:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

It seems me to:

- Find my domain, click the Domains Settings page (the domain name).

- Scroll down to "Additional Settings" and click "Manage DNS).

- Click "Change" in the "Nameserver Section".

There is no Nameserver section on that page.

Have been using close to an hour trying to find out how to change dns - and it's starting to drive me insane.

This is what the page looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/gSmf0pR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JohnKW
New

Hi Kenneth,

Try this...

1.Login to your Godaddy Account, then click on your account name (at the top right-hand corner of the page)

2. Click on 'My Products' from the resulting drop down list (this will take you to the 'Domains' page)

3. Click on 'Manage All' (at the right hand side of the 'Domains' page - this will take you to the 'My Domains' page, in which all of your Godaddy domains are displayed alphabetically)

4. On that page: 

a) first, check the box to the left of the domain name you wish to alter the DNS for (by clicking on the box)

b) second, click on the box marked 'DNS' (one of the horizontally-arranged boxes just above your list of domain names - it's the third box from the left - be sure to do this after putting a check mark in the box next to your selected domain name as this then causes the 'DNS' box to become 'active')

5. A drop-down list will appear below the 'DNS' box as soon as you click on it. Click on the first item in that drop down list,.'Update Nameservers'

6. In the pop up 'Namerservers' box which then appears, click the radio button alongside (to the left of) 'I'll use my own nameservers', then enter your new nameservers in the two boxes below.

7. Click on the 'Save' button below and you're done. Allow a few minutes for Godaddy to update the new DNS information.

Hope this helps!

JohnKW

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Muse
Super User II

@KennethP 

Without seeing what you are seeing, I'm at a disadvantage....   What is your domain so I can "see" the record?  😉

Judith
"Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

Hi, the domain is wowpug.net

This is what I see in Godaddy DNS Settings:

https://imgur.com/a/gSmf0pR

JohnKW
New

Hi Kenneth,

Try this...

1.Login to your Godaddy Account, then click on your account name (at the top right-hand corner of the page)

2. Click on 'My Products' from the resulting drop down list (this will take you to the 'Domains' page)

3. Click on 'Manage All' (at the right hand side of the 'Domains' page - this will take you to the 'My Domains' page, in which all of your Godaddy domains are displayed alphabetically)

4. On that page: 

a) first, check the box to the left of the domain name you wish to alter the DNS for (by clicking on the box)

b) second, click on the box marked 'DNS' (one of the horizontally-arranged boxes just above your list of domain names - it's the third box from the left - be sure to do this after putting a check mark in the box next to your selected domain name as this then causes the 'DNS' box to become 'active')

5. A drop-down list will appear below the 'DNS' box as soon as you click on it. Click on the first item in that drop down list,.'Update Nameservers'

6. In the pop up 'Namerservers' box which then appears, click the radio button alongside (to the left of) 'I'll use my own nameservers', then enter your new nameservers in the two boxes below.

7. Click on the 'Save' button below and you're done. Allow a few minutes for Godaddy to update the new DNS information.

Hope this helps!

JohnKW

View solution in original post

Thanks, that worked.

You need to click the Advanced view button, for the checkboxes to appear though.

I'm still quite frustrated though - find it so annoying that you need to know about this "backdoor" to change it. Typical Godaddy though.

Glad it solved the problem for you!

You don't actually need to click on the Advanced view button, though: clicking on the checkmark box alongside the domain name that you want to change the DNS for is the sole action which then causes the horizontal boxes (including the DNS box) arranged above your list of domain names to become 'live'. 

Clicking on the advanced choice alone or beforehand won't produce this result.

After checkmarking the box next to your domain, you can go straight to the now-live 'DNS'  box above your domains, click on it to get the drop-down list and then continue on as specified in my answer above.

It's a minor but key point; I've just clarified it avoid any frustration for other readers with the same DNS change problem who may later read this response.

Good to know that your DNS is now what you wish it to be!

JohnKW

JesseW
Community Manager

Great answers @JohnKW! Thanks for writing them 😁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.