cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How to redirect a domain with all its pages to one single page on another domain

Hello, I would like to redirect an old domain which is parked at Godaddy to another domain with a specific page. If I make it with Godaddy forwarding tool, for example, Forward to www.newdomain.com/here-want-to with 301 without a mask, and when somewhere is a link to, for example, www.oldomain.com/sometopic, the redirection sends it to www.newdomain.com/here-want-to/sometopic and that a massive problem with 404 errors.

Any solution for this guys, please?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to redirect a domain with all its pages to one single page on another domain

Hi @mpark. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! For what you want to do, you wouldn't be able to use our free forwarding service. You'd need to either point the domain toward some form of hosting and set up a 301 redirect there or see if you can find another forwarding service that includes redirecting services. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: How to redirect a domain with all its pages to one single page on another domain

I think, the correct record for htaccessfile is:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.newdomain.com/ [R=301,QSD]