cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How to redirect a new domain (used only for email) to the original website?

Hello

I have both domains on GoDaddy, and one is a WordPress website, the other is just an email.

I want the email domain to redirect to the other domain with the WordPress on it.

I know I can buy a WordPress service on GoDaddy and add a plugin of redirection, but I do not want to pay for a WordPress that its only purpose is to redirect.

Please help!

How can I easily make is s that when someone's trying to get into the email domain - he will get into the original website (both on GoDaddy)

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to redirect a new domain (used only for email) to the original website?

Hi @Guyavt. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you simply want to redirect website traffic from one domain to another, and the domain is registered with GoDaddy, you should be able to use our forwarding service. As long as the domain is already using our DNS, you shouldn't have a problem with your email once you set up forwarding. If the domain is using DNS hosting somewhere else, adding the forwarding will update the domain to point to our servers. You can still use this, but you'll need to make sure you update your domain's DNS settings so that your email continues to work. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.