cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to reset Domain settings

Hi,

I am using a GoDaddy domain for my github pages. I accidently deleted my DNS settings in domain. How can I reset back to old configurations? There is no any reset option. I searched everywhere.

There are only 2 entries now, mentioned below.

NS	@	ns05.domaincontrol.com	1 Hour	
NS	@	ns06.domaincontrol.com	1 Hour

Earlier it has some other domain configurations like ftp,  _domain connect.

Thanks,

Best regards.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: How to reset Domain settings

Hi @lpsandaruwan,

you can force a reset by going into domains.... manage.... then switching from 'standard' to 'custom' then back to 'standard'. Default process should kick in. But if you are talking about the 'forward' function, you will need the address of where your site files are.

Any further problem then please speak with support.

Thanks. It worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cat Happy HTH!

Hi, please tell me how to do it please. I could not find out how to switch as you said

Thank you in advance

Steve

@rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @lpsandaruwan,

you can force a reset by going into domains.... manage.... then switching from 'standard' to 'custom' then back to 'standard'. Default process should kick in. But if you are talking about the 'forward' function, you will need the address of where your site files are.

Hi, Please guide me how to switch as you said because I could not find switch function.

Thank you in advance

@rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @lpsandaruwan,

...going into domains.... manage.... then switching from 'standard' to...

Please clarify. Precisely where is this option to switch? It is found in which link or menu?

Thanks

hello, as of today 15/01/2018 the template of godaddy has been changed. pls can re-write the discription pls, im having the same problem

Can someone or you specifically clarify the force reset steps in the domain...manage section

New

If you meant restoring the DNS to "default" settings, just scroll to the very bottom of the "DNS MANAGEMENT" page ( https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns )

and choose 'DEFAULT' on the Advanced Features section...

There's no DEFAULT option in the Advanced Features section

I have a domain that is registered elsewhere... and am using a managed domain in Godaddy's settings. (I hope I'm saying this right)

There is no option to set Default in the dns section of the page where suggested.

Screenshot_2018-12-13_11-25-03.png

Looks like no one is interested in answering the queries. I can't even reset DNS on my own. How is Godaddy better than other services if they can't even provide the DNS reset feature?

Agree with you

Hi!

I just discovered how to do this. You need to go to DNS management, then scroll down where it says nameservers. Click on change. Then click on Default (instead of custom). It should return you to the old settings. Try this a few times if you don't see any change, and make sure to refresh your page. 😉

You can go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/dns?domainName=example.com, scroll down to find the Advanced Features section, change the 'Choose Template' dropdown below it to default and then click on 'Apply'.

go to godaddy customer support. They can might be help you