cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I Got Debited While I Was Yet To Checkout. Please I Need a Refund

The mistake I made with godaddy was to add my credit card. I was yet to make up my mind as touching the domain. so I added it up to cart but was yet to checkout only for godaddy to debit my account for a domain that I was yet to CHECKOUT upon. Please I need a refund.. To make it worse, I did not receive any mail from godaddy as touching the domain since I was yet to checkout but they never cease to debit my account. PLEASE MAKE A REFUND. I just took the domain out of cart and had it deleted because, how can I be debited when I am yet to checkout? That's Terrible! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: I Got Debited While I Was Yet To Checkout. Please I Need a Refund

@joifeolu 

We are end users like you  - you will need to call into / chat with support. That being said, I'm guessing like most systems, when you add a credit/debit card to your account, there is a small authorization processed (not collected - just processed) this it to check the validity of the card. 

The issue is with a debit card, it actually freezes the funds in your bank account until the authorization clears through.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community