Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Brio
Getting Started

I can't change my primary domain on hosting

As the title says. I took off the all subdomains from my .org 

I've changed the NS servers from .com to GoDaddy

I go in Hosting , select settings from the .org domain, scroll down to change it to .com

and I get this message "Unable to change primary domain" 

My .org is the hosting and have functionnal website online.

What could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brio
Getting Started

Fixed

Forwarding was still on, even I took it off the support guy though and did it too, it wasn't working.

Called back and the girl found out that it was still on. Took it off and worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @Brio. If I had to guess, I would say that your .com domain is still hosted somewhere within our system. If you're sure you've removed it from everything, there may be something wrong in the back end of the hosting system. If that's the case, then our support team will need to take a look. If you're able to resolve this (with support or otherwise), please follow up here. Others may be able to benefit from your experience.^W

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.
Brio
Getting Started

Actually it was hosted by another provider (Funio) which I canceled the whole account yesterday. Then I went to change the main domain but didn't work, we reassigned our SSL certificate of .com to another domain, took off the forwarding from .com and thought it could be SiteLock but no it wasn't . Still can't change my domain. 

I have no updates too since yesterday.

Brio
Getting Started

Fixed

Forwarding was still on, even I took it off the support guy though and did it too, it wasn't working.

Called back and the girl found out that it was still on. Took it off and worked.

View solution in original post