cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I have NOT purchased SSL but I am getting "Your connection is not private" error

I registered a domain karaokejam.app and added it as an addon domain in my primary domain's cpanel. I have not purchased SSL form my domains. It's been more than 24 hours since I registered the addon domain but still I am getting the "Your connection is not private" error, even if I use different machine. I even tried to remove the addon domain then added again but still get the same result. newbie here...

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: I have NOT purchased SSL but I am getting "Your connection is not private" error

An SSL certificate is what would make the connection private.  It is a requirement of the .app namespace to only use a secure connection.  For this reason the .app registration should have come with a free SSL credit, this credit should only be used for your .app domain.  Here is how to activate...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/activate-my-ssl-credit-31927

Re: I have NOT purchased SSL but I am getting "Your connection is not private" error

Anita sometimes new domains that you register have been registered by someone else in the past and are still connected to a hosting account somewhere.  More likely is that you are being impacted by the new "rules" or "standards" of encrytpion.

What is the domain name?  Perhaps I can help you find the answer to your question and/or fastest resolution.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

@WebAmbienceThey have not applied an SSL certificate but that is a requirement of the .app registry.

@Nate thank you very much sir! I have already redeemed my SSL certificate and it is now in "Pending Veriication" status. Thanks!