cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I have one domain under godaddy. Is it possible to have it host by two host provider?

I have one domain under godaddy. Is it possible to have it host by two host provider? How to set-up the nameservers?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: I have one domain under godaddy. Is it possible to have it host by two host provider?

@JoeVarvatoz 

No, you can't use the same domain on two hosting platforms both hosting a live site. There are ways you can use subdomains to host under the same domain, in a fashion, but that doesn't sound like what you want. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: I have one domain under godaddy. Is it possible to have it host by two host provider?

Is it possible to set-up like this @MrVapor:

first hosting platform host/manage the website & the second hosting platform host/manage the email?

Super User III
Super User III

@JoeVarvatoz 

Technically, yes it is. It's just an adjustment of the DNS zone file on the server itself at that point, which is easy to do. Make sure you read the hosting provider's terms of service, however. They sometimes will consider a server only using email functionality as file storage and suspend the account.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@MrVapor 

How to make the adjustment of the DNS zone for the website & email?

Can you show some example or guide for me to manage the DNS zone.

Thanks

V. Joe

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@JoeVarvatoz 

It's all in the help pages. If you need more in-depth assistance, I would suggest contacting support.

https://www.godaddy.com/help

https://www.godaddy.com/help/domains-1000003#nav-7