cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

If i delete a domain from my account will my details appear as previous owner or will it be private?

hello guys,

If i delete a domain from my account will my details appear as previous owner or will it be private?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: privacy when i delete my domain

Hi 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Solution

Re: privacy when i delete my domain

Hi @Gmanbbb,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, when you cancel a domain that has privacy, we will apply a version of that privacy when the domain expires or when it is cancelled. Our system hides your contact information during your domain name's expiration period to protect you from harassment/spam. GoDaddy then provides no further whois data to the Registry as an inactive domain. However, the whois directories online will refresh their data at different rates, and while the information they use comes from that Registry, we don't control what they will publish. After cancellation, we will hold the domain in your account in an inactive status to allow for recovery for a limited time (depending on the Registry).

That said, we cannot make all expiring/canceled TLDs private, especially all CCTLDs. We are working to provide this service for all TLDs in the future. The privacy action will apply to the standard TLDs, such as .COM, .INFO, .NET, .ORG, etc. (Not an all-inclusive list).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support