Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveMyers
New

In Limbo

Hi

I transferred my domain registration and webhosting to GoDaddy back in April.  I was in the process of setting up my website when I had a serious accident and had to leave it in Limbo.  My website is aidanmyersart.co.uk.  When I left off I had managed to copy all my web files from previous provider and they appear in my Web Root Directory.  However, if you look at my site you'll see that it just shows a default wordpress page (I think rthat's what it is).  Is there another stage that I have to go through to get my site up and running?

Cheers

Dave, UK 

2 REPLIES 2
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@DaveMyers wrote:

Hi

I transferred my domain registration and webhosting to GoDaddy back in April.  I was in the process of setting up my website when I had a serious accident and had to leave it in Limbo.  My website is aidanmyersart.co.uk.  When I left off I had managed to copy all my web files from previous provider and they appear in my Web Root Directory.  However, if you look at my site you'll see that it just shows a default wordpress page (I think rthat's what it is).  Is there another stage that I have to go through to get my site up and running?

Cheers

Dave, UK 

@DaveMyers Hi Dave, does the site that transferred use wordpress? It appears its just a default wordpress installation at the moment. If you were transferring a wordpress site to your new server you'll more than likely need a copy of your database as well

--

Hi Justin

I don't think I used wordpress earlier.  I used a tool called RV Sitebuilder to build the website. 

Cheers.

Dave.