cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Jamaa
New

Injustice to charge the huge fees for recover my cancelled domain

I have been a Godadday customer for more than 10 years and i am very disappointed to have lost my domain 10 days ago. I was not able to access my email to see the notifications and i have not put my domain on auto renew.

The domain has sentimental value to me and i hoped to build a website for it in the very near future.

Godaddy now wants me to pay a penalty of $80 to get the domain back.

I find this to be unfair and it is also expensive for me and i can only afford the renewal fee but not the penalty.

Is there a way around this greed by this company?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @Jamaa,

if the domains had sentimental value to me I would have kept the domain and lost the hosting if money was tight. 

Hosting is just hosting, but your domain is unique. In answer to is there a way around this, I'm not sure what you mean, but we could maybe get a few heavies together.......... (a joke)

Godaddy can't please everyone as only last week someone was complaining about an auto renew payment being taken from their account. Your scenario here is exactly the reason that the auto renew feature is default. We all forget things, things like payment due dates. I would try repurchasing your domain name. It's possibly still available. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @Jamaa,

if the domains had sentimental value to me I would have kept the domain and lost the hosting if money was tight. 

Hosting is just hosting, but your domain is unique. In answer to is there a way around this, I'm not sure what you mean, but we could maybe get a few heavies together.......... (a joke)

Godaddy can't please everyone as only last week someone was complaining about an auto renew payment being taken from their account. Your scenario here is exactly the reason that the auto renew feature is default. We all forget things, things like payment due dates. I would try repurchasing your domain name. It's possibly still available. 

View solution in original post