Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
xnolabs
New

Invalid Post

Removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@xnolabs 

1) This is a community of end user and the moderator must have felt the response was correct.

2) You say that the guidance didn't do anything and didn't resolve your query.... so

Let me see if I can help / understand what the steps you are doing

I am assuming that the domain is set to the parked page and no forwarding.... so 

Step 1) Update DNS to CloudFlare DNS - I assume this works and is good to go

Step 2) You are then going into GoDaddy and adding Forwarding - is this correct

You now see the name servers switched back ??

As previously mentioned, the GoDaddy Forwarding uses the GoDaddy servers to do this and therefore require the DNS to be pointed to GoDaddy. So even if you did successfully change it to cloudflare, by adding the forwarding it will automatically change it back.

If this doesn't describe what is happening / what you are looking to accomplish can you provider some additional details / the steps you are taking. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@xnolabs 

You can't use custom name servers AND forward masking.

Forward Masking must be done via GoDaddy's servers / system.

So if you update to cloudflare for the name servers and then add forwarding it is going to keep switching back. 

I would delete the forwarding and then change to cloudflare DNS and can point to the IP of your server as needed

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Removed

@xnolabs 

1) This is a community of end user and the moderator must have felt the response was correct.

2) You say that the guidance didn't do anything and didn't resolve your query.... so

Let me see if I can help / understand what the steps you are doing

I am assuming that the domain is set to the parked page and no forwarding.... so 

Step 1) Update DNS to CloudFlare DNS - I assume this works and is good to go

Step 2) You are then going into GoDaddy and adding Forwarding - is this correct

You now see the name servers switched back ??

As previously mentioned, the GoDaddy Forwarding uses the GoDaddy servers to do this and therefore require the DNS to be pointed to GoDaddy. So even if you did successfully change it to cloudflare, by adding the forwarding it will automatically change it back.

If this doesn't describe what is happening / what you are looking to accomplish can you provider some additional details / the steps you are taking. 

View solution in original post