cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is _domainconnect redirecting my website?

I have a DNS entry setup by a previous developer, it is working correctly. I am trying to understand how. I have the folowing A record: 

A@160.153.16.40

600 seconds

160.153.16.40 appears to be a GoDaddy server.

When I enter my url into a browser, I do not end up at 160.153.16.40, but correctly end up on my page on Microsoft Azure. How does this happen? There is no forwarding setup under that option in GoDaddy. 

I also have an entry for domain connect

CNAME_domainconnect_domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com1 Hour

I cannot find anything about how to control Domain Connect from GoDaddy console.

Before I spend hours on this, is domain connect the cause of the redirection.

Is domain connect still supported, or should I just bin it and setup the old way?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Is _domainconnect redirecting my website?

@paulJenks 

the domain connect is used for some 3rd party applications to grab MX records and things like that - So you should be able to leave it just fine.

In regards to the main @ record pointing to the 160. IP Address - is it possible that you have 2 IPs for your server?? 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community