cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Limited Number Of SubDomains

hi

so i have a site hosted with the economy hosting plan and a domain that i added onto it. my girlfriend wanted to also start learning wordpress, so i figured another subdomain for learning purposes would be cool. I created a second subdomain for her to use.  i installed wordpress, but its not working. At all. i keep getting a "modestia.drxpway.com’s server IP address could not be found." error. I dont know what the problem is. I tried deleting the subdomain and re-instaglling it again but it didnt work. What could be the problem. Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Limited Number Of SubDomains

Hello there,

On the Economy shared hosting plan, you can only use one domain. I've seen in the past where people managed to add subdomains and get them working but you really want to take the plan up one level to the Deluxe if you want to host subdomains correctly. It's easy, about $2 more a month, and you can host unlimited subdomains.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

The Economy plan only allows 1 website, or in other words add-on domains (and sub-domains) would have the same homepage.  You would need a Deluxe or higher plan which does not have that limit to assign add-on domains their own homepage.  Though another option is to use a sub-directory on the same domain (drxpway.com/modestia).

Outdated info, see the post from @JesseW

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @nameless_dude. It's actually possible to host additional websites using subdomains on an Economy Shared Hosting account. What you're probably running into here is a DNS issue. Looks like the nameservers for drxpway.com are pointed toward Cloudflare. You'll need to create an A Record with them for "modestia" that points to the IP address of your hosting plan. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank You so much @JesseW. It works.Really Appreciate it.