cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Managing domains as a delegate

I am delegated access to a main account but I am not able to view all the domains that have been purchased in the main account. The Advance List View and Advance List View (Beta) seems to be empty. On some really random occasions the old list view appears and I can see all the domains but I am still not able to manage it.

Is there something wrong with delegated access for GoDaddy? This is severely affecting my work. I can't manage or make changes to any of the domains on Godaddy.

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Managing domains as a deledage

@angelicsymphony 

When you "view" the delegated access do you see the domains listed?? I'm not referring to in the Domain manager but rather in the account / products page - 

If you see them there you should be able to click manage next to any of them and it will take you to the DNS

If you don't see them, it means that your client probably has more than one GoDaddy account and gave you access to the wrong one

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes, the number of domains show 566 domains but when I click in to manage it, nothing appears. Occasionally for some random reason the older list view kicks in and I can see my domains but I still can't manage it.

And no, the main GoDaddy account has delegated the access properly. I have been using this for at least 3 years with no issues. This only happened when the new Beta interface came in.

Super User III
Super User III

@angelicsymphony 

2 recommendations 

1) Try an incognito window

2) If you are using chrome try firefox - I had this issue for about 2-3 weeks and then it went away on it's own

What was odd is that it was only on one computer / browser but flushing the cache didn't fix it

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I have already tried those steps, unfortunately and they don't work for me. I am replicating this problem across 2 computers so cache probably isn't doing it for me.

I spoke to the assigned VIP Exec, apparently this is a known problem with delegate access with the new interface.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@angelicsymphony 

At least you got an answer - I was unaware of the issue on Delegated Access - most of my domains are in my account

You "should be" able to get to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/DOMAIN/dns and manage the DNS and bypass the list of all the domains

YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. That link you gave me worked! For some reason manually clicking in to manage DNS and entering the domain doesn't work but it works directly off the link.

How weird is that? Thanks again, you really made my day.

For anyone else with this issue, using https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/MYDOMAIN/dns just redirected me to the domain list.  After a painful chat session and an escalation I was told to get the account owner to remove delegation and add it back.  This did resolve the issue for me.

Super User III
Super User III

@mrbillguy 

Glad that it's working for you.... Please note: the MYDOMAIN is not literal but rather that should be replaced with the domain you want to manage - the only reason I've ever had it kick back to the list of all domains is if I didn't have access in the first place - the original issue wasn't an access issue but rather that the list wouldn't display