cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My ISP is blocking port 25 smtp

Hi

I have just had a very frustrating attempt at the live chat and they don't seem to understand my request/issue

I have a domain with Godaddy and I have a webserver at home. I cannot send emails from this webserver as sky are blocking port 25 smtp.

Do Godaddy offer assistance with this?  Any other port for this I can use?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: My ISP is blocking port 25 smtp

@DBirrell 

Generally most people today use 465 or 587 for SMTP

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I am sorry but that doesn't answer my question.

If purchased hosting with Godaddy after I was advised by an agent that Godaddy can assist with this.

Now I am being told I was mis-sold.

So if My ISP blocks smtp port 25 how can godaddy assist with this?

Super User III
Super User III

@DBirrell 

I am an end user like you. I can't speak to what the agent said, I can only assume that they meant they can assist with giving you the server / port information to enter into your email client.

If your ISP is blocking the port (which many do today) than GoDaddy cannot get that port unblocked - Email will work fine on port 465 and 587 which are the standard ports for doing a secure connection.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

If I understand correctly you have a domain with Godaddy as well as Hosting which means you have email through Godaddy. Please clarify where you are hosting your server.