cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain renewed with Privacy ON

My domain name was recently automatically renewed, but it's Privacy was set to "OFF" pre-renewal, while it has become "ON" post-renewal. As such, I had to pay more for my renewal without asking for Privacy. How can this be legal? I would have expected that when auto-renewal is set to "ON", you get precisely what you had, not an account with added features that you do not need nor have selected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@rsavel0 

As far as I recall when this question has been asked in the past, the privacy is a "bundled" service and it isn't just a matter of shutting it off, but rather you have to have the domain privacy cancelled 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@rsavel0 

As far as I recall when this question has been asked in the past, the privacy is a "bundled" service and it isn't just a matter of shutting it off, but rather you have to have the domain privacy cancelled 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @rsavel0,

Welcome to the Community!

The reply from @PL281 was correct. If privacy was removed from the domain (not set to "OFF"), it would not jump back on upon renewal. It's more likely that you have Protected Registration on your domain which would renew automatically. If either privacy or protection was still on the domain when it renewed, it can be cancelled within 30 days of renewal, so it can be refunded. Please contact customer support to process that refund fro you.

To remove privacy

To remove Protected Registration

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support