cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain was stolen

I purchased this domain www.bnotion.com a year ago from go daddy. After it expired, I logged into my account but was unable to find my domain listed under 'My Domains Tab'. 

After. running a 'Who Is' check, I discovered that. a Chinese company named 'Zinnet.com' has stolen my domain and changed my domain registrar identity to theirs. As a result, I can no longer access my domain. 

What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: My domain was stolen

Unfortunately your ownership of the domain was tied to that registration.  After expiry there is a window for a few weeks to recover the domain, but that is over by the time it is open for registration again.

is there anyway to retrieve my domain at this time?

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

As it is they now own the domain like you did previously.  So unfortunately there wouldn't be a special way for you to retrieve the domain from them.  One possibility you may be able to purchase the domain from the current registrant.  If you do go this route it is highly recommended to use a broker who ensures the transaction goes well, be it GoDaddy's Domain Buy Service or something similar from another provider.