cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

My solution to telemarketers after non-private domain purchases.

The real and only solution it seems if you don't bend the knee and purchase protection is to simply change your phone number on record.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-domain-contact-information-418

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: My solution to telemarketers after non-private domain purchases.

I understand the frustration and confusion that can come with the bombardment that can come with domain purchases. I often suggest and beg that clients keep information up to date but it is not because of spam. There are tons of reasons you want to keep your information updated but your information should be updated and correct. If you update information please insure that the information you provide is accurate.

Changing your contact number to 8675309 and contact name to Jenny might stop spam but does not meet the ICAAN standard (just thinking). Check out Domain Name Registrant Contact Information and ICANN’s WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP). I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@JohnDuke67 

Purchasing domain protection is on you and whether that's a cost you want to bear. GoDaddy can't change the fact that ICANN publicly puts your information out there when you purchase a domain. They have offered a solution to prevent it, though. Entirely your call.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

I understand the frustration and confusion that can come with the bombardment that can come with domain purchases. I often suggest and beg that clients keep information up to date but it is not because of spam. There are tons of reasons you want to keep your information updated but your information should be updated and correct. If you update information please insure that the information you provide is accurate.

Changing your contact number to 8675309 and contact name to Jenny might stop spam but does not meet the ICAAN standard (just thinking). Check out Domain Name Registrant Contact Information and ICANN’s WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP). I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post