cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Name Server Reporting Two IP Address for the same C Name

I have a URL "cdn.mainone.net" that the C Record alternates between 45.40.134.27 (Godaddy) and 154.113.0.220 (My company).

However, we have a dns record for 154.113.0.220 but we do not have for 45.40.134.27.

Whenever it uses my company's IP address, the page opens, while on Godaddy IP Address it would not open.

Kindly assist with the source of 45.40.134.27.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Name Server Reporting Two IP Address for the same C Name

If you can provide the domain and/or a screenshot of your DNS.

Super User III
Super User III

@it-team 

1) FYI - This is an A Record not a CNAME - Just for a point of information

2) I used DNSChecker.com and was seeing both IPs and then all reporting on your internal one. 

My question is when did you set up / change this A Record and is it possible that your just had propagation still going on??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

The A record has been existing in our DNS servers for a while and will have to propagate if it has just been added. The record was not changed on our end and everything was working fine till recently.
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@it-team 

It seems like you are running your own DNS - I don't know if you have a way to flush your DNS system, but it seems to be coming from the DNS server - I can't seem to do a full zone transfer - but it is the only thing I can think of.

I have seen where there are a separate set of zone files before for a subdomain - that's the only thing I can think of.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community