Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Kyron
Novice

Nameserver Change "Domain Changes Failed" .co.za

Hi, thanks for helping out.

I own a variety of domains, and have recently switched hosts (both previous and new hosts are external). All my domains had no issues with the nameserver change, except for one (a .co.za domain).

Screenshot here: https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/d8aa2ec1-799d-4dd3-bf7b-637246ec2229.png

I've tried without IP addresses, and with (different) IP addresses, without any progress.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Nameserver Change "Domain Changes Failed"

Hi @Kyron. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

For .co.za domains, there are specific nameserver requirements. Those are spelled out in this article. If you believe the nameservers you're trying to use meet these requirements, you may need to connect with our support team for further review. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Kyron
Novice
Solution

Re: Nameserver Change "Domain Changes Failed"

Thanks @JesseW, you were on the right track.

I solved the issue by adding my .co.za domain as an addon domain in CPanel, then changing the nameservers.

As an additional note, a GoDaddy representative reverted the nameservers back to GoDaddy defaults before the nameserver change was done successfully. I'm not sure if that played a part in the outcome, but it's here just FYI.

Thanks again,

Kyron