cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Nameserver and Glue Records

My domain registrar is GoDaddy. My server is not a GoDaddy hosted server and uses it's own nameserver settings.

In the GoDaddy DNS manager I created Host Name entries for ns1.hresort.info and ns2.hresort.info with both pointing to my server's IP address.

In the GoDaddy DNS manager I then set the nameserver to custom and entered ns1.hresort.info. I received an error saying "unavailable".

Looking for a solution. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Nameserver and Glue Records

Below is an article on how to set custom nameservers on GoDaddy.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-custom-nameservers-for-domains-registered-with-godaddy-12317

Solution

I think the person that just copied and pasted a "boilerplate" reply to my post didn't read it all and just posted it as a generic answer to a DNS question on an external server.

But I figured out the answer myself. When creating the Hostname in the GoDaddy system, I entered the fully qualified name "ns1.domain.tld" instead of just entering the ns1 portion. The entry screen does show the appended .domain.tld after the data entry box. But when only the ns1 is entered, the result screen doesn't show the fully qualified nameserver name. It only shows "ns1" which make me think I had to enter the full nameserver.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DennyP_AZ,

We appreciate you coming back and sharing the solution to your issue. Thanks for taking the time!! Hope to see you around the Community more in the future. Take care!

Rachel