cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nameserver change to Custom having issues

Hello
I own the domain https://flexymusic.co.za
Please I having having issues of changing my default nameservers to Namecheap custom ever since I bought the domain.
I have contacted the customer care spoke with them for minutes and they rectified it and changed it themselves but after a while it still went back to default again the same issue I had before calling customer care.
Please I need help to sort this out
4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Nameserver change to Custom having issues

Hey there @Flexymusic,

Unfortunately, no one on this forum will be able to help with an account issue as we're volunteers and don't have access to GoDaddy's internal systems.

You need to call phone support or start a live chat and contact the billing department for a resolution.

Have a good one!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor how do I contact the live chat as it seems that my conversation with the customer care unit via call didn't yield anything or is there anything I could fix from my side?
Super User III
Super User III

No problem @Flexymusic,

Just got to GoDaddy.com and at the top on the right hand side of the page you should see a link that says contact us 24/7. Click the link, then click where it says to just show you the number. There should then be a link you can select for chat.

I will say that sometimes, with these issues especially, it can be tricky to determine the issue. I'm willing to bet all you need is a DNS Cluster flush and it should work fine. Unfortunately, most of the people that are on the phone don't have those permissions. You may have to be persistent but I would call back in and request the issue be escalated to a tier 2 support agent. You'll stay on the phone with the current agent while they seek help from a more advanced tech support group. If you're still having this issue, then just be persistent. 

Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Super User III
Super User III

BTW, when I run your site through whatsmydns.net, it shows the appropriate nameservers are propagated but the IP address is wrong. This really looks like a DNS issue to me. I think a flush of the DNS cluster at the server level will correct this.